They opened their home to you for the hockey season and made you a part of the family. So how can hockey players (or a player’s parents) say thanks to a billet host for all the food, laundry, and love?
We asked people in billet communities across the U.S. and Canada about favorite thank you gifts. You’ll find a range of gifts from unexpected to expensive. All were appreciated – so find the right fit for your family. But EVERY billet host without exception said a note from their billet player has meant the very most.
25 Thank You Gifts For Billet Hosts
Thanks for the Memories
Bring back all the feels with a gift that’s personal. Many of these gifts include photos from the season. Your selfie is a treasure for every billet mom (and who knows, go pro, and it’ll be even more of a treasure).
- Framed photo with your billet family
- Team jersey with your name (try custom twill letters)
- Photobook with snaps of the season
- Try a Chatbook of select Instagram posts
- Custom team patch with your name
- Light box frame with a photo and inspiring quote
- Digital frame they can fill with photos (start it with a few of your own)
True hockey fans will appreciate these creative and clever gifts just for the sake of the sport. Create your own, or search offerings on Etsy and from local artisans.
- Hockey stick frame
- Blanket for the rink – with your team logo or your photo
- Something you make yourself: try pottery or a painting (it’s the love, not the skill!)
From Your Home to Theirs
Give something that makes a connection between your hockey home and your own hometown. Check local farmer’s markets and souvenir shops.
- Food basket of local or famed favorites (baking mix, condiments, sweets, snacks, preserves)
- Hometown skyline pillow
- Shirts for the family from your hometown
- Items with your state/country symbol or flag
Something Extra Special
Choose a way to treat your billet hosts to something they might not splurge on themselves.
- Gift card to a favorite restaurant
- Treats from a local bakery
- Flowers (even better, a live plant or tree to remind them of you over the years)
- Event tickets (concerts, sporting event, etc.)
- Omaha Steaks
- Spoonful of Comfort care package
For Your Billet Mom
Because we all know she deserves extra credit.
- Jewelry or addition to a charm bracelet
- Spa day gift certificate
- Housecleaning gift certificate
- Personal chef experience
- Make a meal for her before you leave – and leave the recipe (really, she’ll love it)