Imagine you’re not long out of high school. You’re moving across the country. Alone. To live with a family you’ve never met.
Gulp. Hundreds of young hockey players are about to live that story right now.
If you’re a billet home about to meet your new live-in athlete, you can start building a great relationship with him today.
Welcome your player with a DIY gift basket you’ve made just for him, that’s just right for your home and hometown.
Hockey Gifts: 25 Ways To Welcome Your Billet
- Copy of house key on city-logo lanyard
- List of house info (Wifi password, address, phone numbers, gate codes, etc.)
- Brochures of local attractions, basic area map (pick up from hotels)
- T-shirt with local design (city, school logo, etc.)
- Inexpensive cell phone charger – for home and/or car
- Hockey magazine
- Hockey tape
- Rink towel
- Ball cap
- Tie in team colors
- Protein shake mixer cup
- Reusable water bottle
- Soap, shampoo, body wash
- Chapstick, hand lotion
- Protein bars, granola bars, trail mix
- Fruit snacks, candy, gum, breath mints
- Gift card (restaurant, gas card, etc.)
- New towels for bathroom
- Pillowcase in team colors