The billets are coming, the billets are coming!
Hockey teams are in the midst of assigning players to billet families. And people are just plain excited. We’ve been getting to know some terrific billet hosts around North America; many of them go out of their way to make the hockey players they’ll host feel right at home.
A common theme: welcome gift baskets stocked with little things that make life easier away from home and in a brand new place. Thanks to the Hockey Billet Families FaceBook group for the inspiration behind this list.
Hockey Gifts: 25 Ways To Welcome Your Billet
- Copy of house key on city-logo lanyard
- List of house info (Wifi password, address, phone numbers, gate codes, etc.)
- Brochures of local attractions, basic area map (pick up from hotels)
- T-shirt with local design (city, school logo, etc.)
- Inexpensive cell phone charger
- Hockey magazine
- Hockey tape
- Rink towel
- Ball cap
- Tie in team colors
- Protein shake mixer cup
- Reusable water bottle
- Soap, shampoo, body wash
- Chapstick, hand lotion
- Protein bars, granola bars, trail mix
- Fruit snacks, candy, gum, breath mints
- Gift card (restaurant, gas card, etc.)
- New towels for bathroom
- Pillowcase in team colors